Reception Class Admissions
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 you will need to apply for a reception class place for your child between 14 September 2017 and 15 January 2018.
An application link to the Herefordshire Local Authority pages will become available at this time.
You can view general admissions guidance on the Herefordshire Council Guidance pages »
School Admissions Policy
Bridstow CE Primary School is a Voluntary Aided School. This means that the Governing Body is responsible for the admission of pupils to the school.
The overall capacity of the school has been determined to be 105 places, which means that up to 15 children can be admitted into the reception class each year. This figure of 15 is known as the published admissions number, and is formally published by Herefordshire Council in their Information for Parents' booklet, and in the school prospectus.
If the number of applications received is above the published admissions number, the governors have decided to follow the following convention in allocating places at the school:
- Places will first be allocated to children who are in the 'looked after' system, or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order where the approved agencies agree that Bridstow CE Primary School meets the child's social, pastoral and educational needs.
- Places then be allocated to those children with an exceptional and professionally supported medical or social need for a place at this school. This must be supported by written evidence, eg from a specialist health professional, social worker, or other care professional which sets out the reasons why this school is the most suitable school and the difficulties that would be caused if the child had to attend another school. Children with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP), and for whom Bridstow School is the named provider will be accepted after consultation with the Local Authority.
- Those children who have a brother or sister (blood relative, stepsibling, fostered or adopted) on roll at Bridstow School at the time of admission are next to be allocated places.
- Those children living in the catchment area of the school, as defined by the Herefordshire Council, will be considered next.
- Children of families who are regular attendees and are actively involved in the worship, life and work of a Christian Church, supported by a statement from the parish priest or minister of that church are then considered.
- Pupils who live nearest to the school by the shortest available walking route from their front door to the gates of the school at HR9 6PZ (NB - the Governing Body will use the policy of Herefordshire Council in determining such distances).
Download the Full Admissions Policy & Supplementary Notes »